Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Birthday, America!

From the bottom of my heart, America, I wish you a Happy Birthday!
Hiya, Big People!  Did you even know that even though today is Monday, it's the Fourth of July?  It's true!

It's the Fourth of July because yesterday was the Third of July and tomorrow's the Fifth of July, but it's a holiday today on account of it's America's birthday.

To be more accurate, it's the two-hundred fortieth anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence from England.  Have you ever read that, Friends?  I have, many times over, in my Little Big Board Book of the History of All Things.  If ya read the Declaration of Independence, ya start to realize really fast that the King of England at the time, George the Third, along with Parliament, was just about the most controlling, tyrannical stage parent the colonists here in America could ever hope for!  And the Declaration of Independence was America's way of sayin' "I'm movin' out and taking my talent with me, so there!"

I pretty much think it was a good call. 

So today, from the bottom of my heart, my fellow Americans, I wish our country the happiest of birthdays!  Here's to hundreds more!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment