Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Explorin' a Different Culture with Elena!

The magic around here isn't as obvious as the magic in Avalor!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!

Well, ya know, I'm a kid who loves learnin' about different cultures, and there's a new show on the Disney Channel that helps me do just that!

It's a show called Elena of Avalor, and it's about a princess who was locked up inside a magical amulet for 41 years!  An evil sorceress took over the kingdom of Avalor, and until the royal wizard could get what was left of the royal family out of the paintings and the amulet, they stayed right the heck there!

The catch is that they're the ages they were when they went into the magic protective objects, so Elena is sixteen, not fifty-seven, and that's problematic for her, now that she wants to be queen of Avalor!

The kingdom of Avalor is different from my culture because in my culture, we don't have flying jaquins or mon fuegoes or magical amulets... that I know about.  We don't have any noblins that have the golden touch.  We can't take a sailing ship to a magical island that has the fountain of youth AND a tree that makes ya older if you eat its fruit.  Those are some BIG cultural differences, if ya ask me, Friends!

But with as different as my culture is from Elena of Avalor, there are a lotta things that are the same, like how family is there for each other, and how it's best to be yourself and not to try to be anybody else, and to be open to learning, even though you think you're ready to rule!

Friends, I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment