Pages

Monday, September 12, 2016

Straighten Your Crown and Show Monday Who's Queen!

I've got my eyes on you, Monday. Don't do any funny-business.
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Monday to you! 

Well, ya know, I had a GREAT weekend, Big People. 

Friday was my birthday, and I told ya all about all my adventures I went on. 

Saturday, I got to go to the Beef Haus and out for ice cream at Short's.

Yesterday, I was mostly quiet, catchin' up on my restfulness I used all up on Friday and Saturday.  I even took a dang ol' NAP without givin' Mommy any hassle about it. 

Ya know, on a side-note, I must be growin' up, because I look at naptime now, since I've turned Five, and at least right now, I totally get it.  I totally see the beautifulness in a Time of Nap.  Especially when I'm all curled up in a fuzzy blanket, nicey warm, with a cool breeze blowing on my face.  You would NOT have heard something like this come out of my mouth when I was Four, or Three, or Two, or One, or possibly even when I was a baby, as when I was a baby the Time of Nap was something that happened organically, sometimes when I was in the middle of a bottle or a meal or a sentence.  I had zero control over whether or not I napped.  But I'm Five now, and I see Naptime as a really nice time of the day.  You bet I do!

Anyway. 

Today is Monday, and as you can imagine, it brings with it for me a good measure of let-down-ness.  I'm sure it does for you, as well, Friends.  Especially since last Monday was a Day Off, and today is not one of those.  Monday can be kind of a bully, and that's not anything I wouldn't say right to Monday's face.  In fact, I told Monday first thing this morning that very thing.  I looked it right in the eye and said, "Monday, ya big bully, I am ready for you!"  and I put on my pink tiara and sassy pants and straightened up my spine.

You should, too, Big People.  You straighten your crown and show Monday who's Queen.  Or King.  The whole point is, you show Monday who's boss, like I'm gonna today.

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment