Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Thoughts on my First Five-Year Plan

I think I've done pretty well for myself, these last five years!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Tuesday to you! Didja have a great Labor Day weekend?  I did!

Well, now that I've had a chance to settle down from my busy weekend, I've gotta tell ya, Friends, that this is my last week of bein' Four, so you might be in for some Very Reflective Zoe-ness. 

I hope ya don't mind.

You see, while I have been Not Four before, it's been a whole entire year, so as you can imagine, I've gotten pretty used to bein' Four.  Also, the last time I was Not Four, I was Three, which was kind of an event unto itself, Big People.

This time around, when I'm Not Four, I'll be turning Five, and this is a biggun, as far as birthdays go.  Five.  Halfa decade.  Standin' on the doorstep of bein' a Kindergartener.  Just a mere eleven years away from bein' able to drive cars on the road with a real license and everything.

It boggles the mind to think about, Friends, because only five years ago, I wasn't even born yet, and then once I was, it was pretty much a giant accomplishment that I could lift my head up and look around and see things.  I know we take it for granted, but basically everything I've done since then has been this great big, huge deal.  It's all been pretty unprecedented, actually, for me.

Never once did I ever imagine that there'd be such a thing as The Daily Zoe Blog or The Daily Zoe Facebook Picture Show.  It wasn't in my five-year plan when I was Brand New.  I distinctly remember what WAS in my five-year plan back then, though, and that was:

1.  Get to eat real food
2.  Speak for myself
3.  Make friends with that big white dog that lives in my house
4.  Accomplish facing forward in the car, because ridin' backwards is the PITS
5.  Disrupt at least one dinner out with my parents
6.  Develop a killer fashion sense
7.  Learn to use pens and paper
8.  Become a Play Doh master

There were other things, too, Friends, but I think you get my drift.  In the last five years, I have nailed my Five Year Plan, and then some.  And I've made friends with all of you.  I wouldn't trade it for the world, Big People!  Being friends with you is DEFINITELY a high-point of the last five years!

Anyways, Friends, this week is bound to be a Doozy.  Stick with me.  I love ya lots, and I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment