Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

You'll Find What You're Lookin' For!

You'll find just what you're lookin' for, Friends, so be mindful of what you seek!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Thursday to you!

Well, ya know, Friends, I cannot get over the Magic in this world.  I just cannot.  I don't mean the bunny-out-of-a-hat, saw-a-lady-in-half kinda magic. Those are parlor tricks. 

I mean the Magic that makes the Moon wax and wane, and makes the leaves come out from seemingly dead twigs in the Spring and turn beautiful, vibrant colors in the Fall and makes kazillions of tiny, perfect, different snowflakes in the Winter.  I mean the Magic that brings thunder and rain in the Summer. 

I suppose you could call it Wonder, too.  Science, of course, which is a way to explain the Wonder.  Big People, the great thing about bein' Five is that you understand that even when you can explain the Magic through molecules and isotopes and polar spin, that there are molecules and isotopes and poles upon which to spin is no less wondrous.  Knowing how certain atoms or chemical combinations act do not render those reactions any more mundane for their predictability. 

What I'm saying is this world is a wondrous place.  I stand in awe at my window every morning, appreciating all the Wonder and all the Magic.  I go out looking for Wonder and Magic in everything I do.  And you know what?  I find them.  You bet I do!

Take the Sun, for instance.  Ancient peoples thought the Sun was a magical orb, if not maybe a little fickle.  They made sacrifices to the Sun to keep it happy, so it wouldn't leave them in cold, cold winter for too long.  Now we know that the fire in the sky isn't a temperamental, fickle being that needs cajoling and sacrifices to keep us warm.  It's a star.  It behaves a certain way and our planet reacts to the sun's rays and life behaves accordingly.  We kind of know what to expect from our Sun.  We know why there are Northern Lights and sun-flares and we know those things can make our radios act funny.

Thing of it is, Big People, from where I stand, I think it's just remarkable that we're just the right distance from the Sun so that we're warm enough, but not boiled dry (like Mercury and Venus!)  I think it's magical that spots on our planet wake up as the sun shines on them and go dormant when it's time to rest in the winter.  Everything works so well together, our Sun, Moon, and Stars.

I think it's magical, too, when someone pops into your head, and you feel an overwhelming need to drop 'em a line, and when ya do, it turns out that they needed someone to drop 'em a line.  I think it's magical when I smile at someone and give 'em a little wave, and they smile and give me a little wave right back.  I think it's magical that we can remember each other's names.  And probably most importantly of all, I think it's just magical that there are animals in our lives that are mates to our own souls.

I really don't care if ya think I'm kinda loony for believin' in this kind of magic, Big People.  This is how I choose to see the world.  As a magical, beautiful place.  And I find magic and beauty.  I bet if you're really mindful about it, Friends, you'll see that however you see this world, whatever you're looking for when you open your eyes, you find it!

Hey.  I love ya lots, Friends!  If ya get a chance today, see some Magic and Wonder for yourself, mmmkay?  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment