Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2016

If I Were Near the Water...

If I were near the water right now, Friends, this is what I'd look like!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Sunday to you!

Well, ya know, it's Labor Day weekend, which seems like a good time to be near some water.  I am not currently near some water, unless you count Llake Lloyd, which I do not, because I cannot see it from my house, nor can I go dip my toes in whenever I want, but I DID spend half a month near Seneca Lake, so that's what I'm focusing my memories on today.

What I think is so great about bein' near the water is that no matter how hot it is on land, it's cool in the water.  Sometimes it's quite cool, in fact. 

Besides that, when you're in the water, you get to splash.  Now, I splash sometimes when I'm in the tub, but it isn't the same as splashin' in a lake, since the water in the tub is warm, and the lake water is cool, as we've already been over.  But also, when I'm in the tub and I splash, I get in trouble, because then it makes a mess on the bathroom floor.

Another reason it's great to be near the lake, especially on Labor Day Weekend is that it's so much fun just to float around on a floatie in the water.  It's really difficult to do that in the tub, on account of there not bein' much room in the tub.  You try gettin' a floatie in your tub, Friends.  It's a cramped fit, at best.  So I send my rubber duckies around in a derby in the tub, pretendin' they're floatie-size, and that the tub is lake-size, and I'm some kinda giant.  Which, ya never know.  I could be.  In some other dimension, I could maybe be the Seneca Lake Monster people talk about but aren't sure really exists.  Other dimensions are funny like that.

Anyways, Friends, if I were near the water right now, on this Labor Day Weekend, you bet I'd be pretty darn happy. I'm pretty darn happy anyway, but I'd also be extra-special super-duper happy!  And cool and ridin' a floatie around!

You have a Happy Labor Day Weekend, Friends!  I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment