Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

The Trouble With Apples

It's time to reclaim apples rightful place in the heroic hall of fame!
Hiya, People of the Big Persuasion!  Happy Friday to you!

Well, ya know, I'm a kid who appreciates a good apple, but the thing about apples is that they bruise so easily!  It's true.  Set 'em down a little hard on the conveyor belt at the store, they get bruised.  Stop too fast on the ride home, and let those apples tap the gallon of milk they're ridin' next to, and they get bruised.  Look cross-eyed at 'em, they get bruised.  You get the idea.

At least apples are more resilient than peaches.  Peaches bruise if ya breathe on 'em and ya don't place 'em carefully on their silken pillow stuffed with angel-feathers.

But I'm not talkin' about peaches.  I like 'em, but in the pantheon of fruits, Apples are my main event.  I love their sweet-tart crunchiness and their iconic good looks, despite their propensity for easy bruising.

And you know?  Apples have fairy tales written around 'em.  I understand, apples sometimes play the role of villain.  That troubles me.

So, I'm reclaiming apples.  As you can see from today's picture, I am holding a statue of a green apple that looks as though it could star as the Poison Apple in a production of Snow White.  But it's a FRIENDLY little apple.  It isn't poison.  It's one of the good guys, because it wards off all the bad apples out there, just like a gargoyle or a tiki scares off the bad spirits.

So don't be all down on apples, and don't buy into their bad-guy, bad-apple reputation.  Apples are wonderful!  And so are you!  I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  But right now, you go and appreciate some apples, too!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment