Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas Creatures

Aren't Little Giraffes good enough for a Christmas song, Big People?
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Tuesday to you!

Well, ya know, today's the Thirteenth, so that means there's twelve days left 'til Christmas.  I guess today would be the First Day of Christmas?  So we get a Partridge in a Pear Tree? 

This is remarkable, because at my very house, we have a pear tree in the yard, and we also have partridges that live on the bank in front of the shop.  They like to live in the scrub-weeds so predators have a harder time gettin' to 'em.  I'm not sure if our partridges ever fly up and sit in the pear tree. 

That particular Christmas song features lotsa different creatures, Friends, but not one giraffe.  No big deal.  I figured there must be at least ONE Christmas song about giraffes, but so far my research has turned up nothing.  And that's a shame, because next to Joe the Camel and Sabretooth, the Little Giraffes are pertineer the biggest party animals you'll ever meet.

Deer sure get their spotlight this time of year, though.  Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, of course, and his cousin Leroy the Redneck Reindeer.  Dominik the Donkey has his own song.  Flippin' Morris the Moose gets a song.  I suppose you could say that Chipmunks are represented at Christmas time, because of Alvin and the Chipmunks.  I wonder if Alvin ever got a hula-hoop.  Birds show up in Christmas songs.  And Big People, there's a song where some girl who's consumed lotsa helium-filled holiday balloons caterwauls on and on about how she wants a hippopotamus for Christmas.  Lorty Lort.

Maybe I oughtta get out my crayons and get to writin' a song about Christmas Giraffes and Elephants and Squirrels.  Maybe I oughtta just do that!

Hey, I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment