Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Christmas Wrap Rap!

It occurs to me that I don't even know how to tie a Tiffany bow...
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Thursday to you!

Well, ya know, today we're down to ten days before Christmas Itself.  How about that?!

In that spirit, I would like to talk to you about wrappin' presents.  While I very much wish I could rap this to you, that just isn't a skill I have, so I will just have a normal conversation with ya, like I do.

I volunteered to be a gift wrapper at the Little Kid Fund's kiosk in the Bingham Centre, during the Bizarre Bazaar.  Boy, was that ever eye-opening. 

In one day, I had to wrap up a golden life-size statue of Joe the Camel that Joe the Camel bought for Joe the Camel.  That was a doozy.  I almost called it a day, right there!  And then I had to wrap up a Giant Geode for one of the Little Giraffes.  I don't even know what Little Giraffes do with geodes, to be honest with you.  And I had to wrap chairs that look like hands, and hexagonal-shaped slippers, and ice cream cone-shaped hot sauce dispensers that I'm really questioning Little Kidkind, Big People!

Then there was the White Elephant Section, where white elephants... well, all the elephants, actually, went to buy sweaters.  Elephants love sweaters.  And old-school rotary telephones, for some reason.

I guess that's what a kid has to expect when they're at a Bizarre Bazaar.  All kindsa weird stuff.  And I volunteered to help wrap it all.  They don't make boxes for that kinda stuff, Friends, so your pal Zoe was on her own, gettin' around all those weird angles and odd shapes!

So know that I feel for ya, you brave Big People Present Wrappers!  Know that I feel for ya, every time you cut a piece of wrappin' paper three times and find that it's STILL too short.  I feel for ya every time ya wind up with MagicTape in your hair.  I feel for ya when ya go to pick your nose, only to find the scissors are still in your hand, and... oh... that's just me?  Well, if it happened to you, too, I'd feel for ya, friends!  No judging from me!  The air is dry this time of year!

Anyways, Friends, I better go.  I've been watchin' a You Tube on how to tie the perfect Tiffany bow.  The best I've managed so far is not knotting up the piece of ribbon.  I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment