Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Be Wearin' The Ides of March!

Take it from Julius Caesar, Friends.  Be careful who you trust with knives.
Hiya, Big People!  Zoe here!  Hey, didja know that today is the Ides of March?  Didja know that Julius Caesar got stabbed in the back on the Ides of March, 44 BC.  I read all about it in my History of the World Board Book.

Well, I thought I was reading about one of my favorite characters, Julius the monkey, from such books as Julius and the Wild West Bananza and Only in Dreams and such.  When I heard he'd met his demise thousands of years ago, of course, I was a little distraught.

Nope!  Wrong Julius!

I think I ought to launch a fashion line called "Ides of March!"
And then, I thought maybe it was Orange Julius.  That made no sense, because who would want to harm something as nice as Orange Julius? 

I don't really have any first-hand knowledge of Orange Julius, actually, Friends.  I've only heard of how wonderful Orange Julius is.  There aren't any of them anywhere I've been, and all I've ever had is the Copy Cat Recipes version.

It's pretty tasty.  There's other things I'd rather drink, but you know, I wouldn't wish any harm to Orange Julius.

I guess that's why I consulted my History of the World Board Book.  I wanted to get the facts.  And the facts are that Julius Caesar was a Roman emperor, his friends got tired of him calling all the shots, so they stabbed him in the back.  Next thing you know, a few hundred years later, Billy Shakespeare writes a play about the whole thing, and ever since, everybody says to "beware the Ides of March."

Well, I'd like to start up a fashion house called The Ides of March.  I think we'd design flashy leggings and sequined fedoras.  And our tagline would be "Be Wearin' the Ides of March!"  Maybe take a little of the dread out of March the Fifteenth.  Apply a little amelioration to it. 

Of course, I'd ask my friends to come work with me at my fashion house, but I'd always keep my back to the wall and my eyes peeled, if you catch my drift.

Hahaha!  Friends, I'll see you tomorrow.  Whether it's the Ides of March or Friday the Thirteenth, you know I love ya lots!  Muah!
You can work with me at my fashion house, Frosty, but just be sure you keep your lollipop where I can see it, mmmmmkay, Snowman?



No comments:

Post a Comment