Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

New Books

Gettin' new books just gives me a boost!
Hiya, Friends!  How are YOU this Fabulous Friday?  Are things fantastic for you? Maybe they're a little frosty?  It's kinda cold outside, isn't it?

This is the winter that doesn't end. I didn't even realize it that today is the Seventh of March. Why, I remember the first March I marched around the sun on this blue marble.  I remember that on St. Patrick's Day, I wore my little green gingham dress without a long-sleevie underneath.  It was super-warm that day!

And then we got a cold snap and a warm snap and a cold snap.  I remember it SNOWED at the end of April. 

Where was I going with this?  Oh, right!  I was gonna say that I don't think I remember not getting a little taste of Spring by now.  You know, something to get our hopes all up.

So things have been a little crazy around here, with the cold.  Stir-crazy, cabin fever.  We've just been down. 
I feel like a winner when I get new books!

That's why I was so excited to find that I'd received some New Books the other day.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the books that I already have.  I love readin' about the Berenstain Bears goin' to the doctor, or goin' on a picnic.  I love visiting my friend Julius the monkey on his adventures in dreamland and in the wild West.  I get the biggest kick out of that ol' Curious George when he goes to an ice cream shop and when he disrupts the ski competition. 

But readin' the same things over and over gets a little boring after a while.  Especially when everything's all wintery. 

So I got some new books in a box, and I can't begin to tell ya how excited I was by that.  I can't begin to tell ya, but I'll try!
Here's to new adventures for all of us, Friends!
When I get new books, I feel like I've won a really cool all-expenses-paid trip to somewhere!  When I get new books, I feel like I've got a ticket for an adventure to go on!  It makes my tummy feel like it's all whipped up with fizzy water, and all I can do is jump up and down and say, 'Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!'

I needed to go on some new adventures right about now, Friends.  I don't know about you, but that's just what I needed.  I needed to paint a rainbow with Julius, and I was dying to find out what other kinds of misadventure the Five Little Monkeys would have in something like a tree or a tub. 

I wasn't disappointed, Friensds!  When I need a boost, new books always deliver!  So I'm always glad to see a delivery boxa books I haven't read!  I love ya, Friends!  I'll see you tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment