Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Three-Quarters of a Year Away

Didja notice that today's the Twenty-Fifth, Friends?
Hiya, Friends!  Hey, don't get mad at me for pointing it out.  I'm just bringing your attention to the obvious. 

Didja notice that today is the twenty-fifth of the month?  Do you know what that means? 

IT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE NINE SHOPPIN' MONTHS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!

Christmas is only three-quarters of a year away!

I know that makes you Big People all kindsa mad to hear about Christmas when Spring hasn't even really sprung yet.  But don't think I'm trying to make a bummer outta the Summer or kicking Fall over the wall. 

No!  In fact, I'm all about enjoying Spring.  I've been sayin' for weeks how I can't wait for the grass to green up.  I can't wait to see the blossoms come out on the trees.

Christmas is gonna come anyway, Friends.  I'm just sayin'...
I'm really looking forward to being too hot in the Summer, too.  It's going to be so much fun to get to swim in my Mushroom Pool again.  In the summertime, I get to see Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz more than I get to see 'em in the other seasons.  Plus, my birthday's right at the tail enda the Summer, so do you really think that I wanna rush through the Summer?  No way!

And the Fall.  I love the Fall!  The air gets crisp again!  We get Halloween and Thanksgiving in the Fall!  I love those things!  I love the Fall!

So I'm not tryin' to rush through anything by pointing out that today is the Twenty-Fifth of the Month.  I'm not suggesting that we motor through these next three-quarters of a year, just to get to Christmas again. 

I'm just saying that Christmas is going to get here anyway.  In nine months.  So.  Here's what I propose.  We go about our business through the year like we do.  We enjoy Spring, Summer, and Fall.  But.  The whole time we're enjoying Spring, Summer, and Fall, we keep our eyes open for things our loved ones would like, and we buy 'em and wrap 'em up and put 'em in the attic with the Christmas stuff, and then, when its Christmastime again, we just go get all those things, and our job for the Holiday Season is that much easier. 

You can be prepared for Christmas by keeping an eye out for presents throughout the year!
Maybe you Big People could get to enjoy the Holidays as much as my people do, then!  How does that sound, Friends? 

Wouldn't it be nice for us to all get to enjoy the holidays?  The holidays that are just three-quarters of a year away?

Awwwwwww, are ya still mad at me?  It's okay, Big People.  I love ya just the same.  I love ya lots.  Smile!  Smile, Friends! 

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment