Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Whatchya Doin' Wednesday

Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's Wednesday all over again.  Since Ask Wednesday's over for another year, and it didn't really catch on all that well this year, anyway, I've decided that today is "Whatchya Doin' Wednesday!"  So... Whatchya doin' today, Friends?  Whatchya wanna do today? 
Oh, I'm hopin' to do a little jugglin'.  You know, the usual.

Me?  Well, I've taken up juggling.  The idea of juggling, anyway.  Not bowling pins or torches or chainsaws.  Not yet.  For now, I'm workin' on jugglin' my Koosh balls.

Actually, I don't "juggle" them as much as I throw them around and hope to high heaven that Rozzie doesn't put them in her mouth.  I love Rozzie to pieces, but she's slobbery, and could you imagine trying to wash the slobber off'n' a Koosh ball? 

Blech.  Gross, I know.  Sorry.  But that's the battle I fight here, daily.

So anyway, Koosh balls are the perfect thing for me to learn to sort of juggle with, Friends.  They're nicey soft and easy to catch.  Mommy says that with the way I throw a ball and run and catch, I'm probably gonna be a cheerleader when it's time for me to take up the sports.  But I'd really like to pursue competitive juggling.

Someday, I'd like to be a competitive juggler.
Is that even a thing?  You'd think it would be.  There's competitive tumbling, competitive fire-eating, competitive baton-twirling.  You'd think if you can compete, doing all those things, it'd be a no-brainer to have competitive juggling. 

People could compete based on the number of things they juggle, and the difficulty of which it is to juggle such a something that they chose.  For instance, juggling Koosh balls isn't as difficult as juggling chairs would be.  I would think that chairs and other pieces of furniture would be really difficult things to juggle, because they don't have much give. 

And they're also big and heavy.

But think of it, Friends.  Juggling could be like bobsledding.  You know.  There's a category of bobsleds that's a one-person bobsled, and then there's two-person and four-person bobsleds, too.  Competitive Juggling could be the same way.  You could have your individual jugglers, and then have teams of jugglers juggling the same items, tossing things to one another and catching them and such.

Friend, catch!  I wantchya to be on my competitive juggling team!
Sometimes, having more people around makes a job easier to do, but I think the opposite's true of juggling.  That's what makes it a really fascinating sport.  You see, you know what you're going to do, how to time the catch and release of your items you're juggling, but the real art of it comes down to being in-tune with your teammates, so you catch when they release and vicey-versa. 

I think I could really be onto something here.  I think people would really enjoy the spectacle of team-juggling.  Especially if a team of jugglers juggled another team, like maybe a peewee hockey team!  Now that would be some interesting stuff, right there!

So that's what I'm doin' this Whatchya Doin' Wednesday, Friends.  I'm just tryin' to start small, start simple, learn how to catch one Koosh ball as I release another.  I really think I'm on my way to becoming a great competitive juggler. 

I hope you're findin' something as fascinating to do, too, Friends!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment