Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Freezer-Pleaser!

Friends, are we ever gonna get to keep some warm weather for our own?
Hiya, Friends!  How are you today?  Didja survive the Ides of March?  I s'pose if you're reading this, you must have survived.  I'm so glad!

So how about this weather?  If I said I wasn't gettin' discouraged by this pattern I'm starting to see... you know, warm and sunny Fridays followed by cold and snowy Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

I understand that it's March.  All that going in like a lion, going out like a lamb business.  I understand to expect a mixed bagga weather.

The warm keeps coming to visit, but it never stays!
But this is something else.  

It isn't really a mixed bagga weather that we have.  It's more like we have mostly January in the bag, with a couple-three teaser-pieces of springtime.  January was two months ago, Friends.  In January, I was taken aback by single-digit temperatures, but they felt seasonable back then, kinda like it was their turn, and if we didn't like it, we could go on a vacation to somewhere warm.

It's past the middle of March, now, though, Friends.  I really don't feel like we should hafta make nice with the single-digit temperatures right now. 

The warm keeps coming to visit, but it never sticks around.  Is it us?  Do we all present an unwelcoming face to the warm?  Does it take one look at us and decide "these people don't deserve me and my warmth?"

Warm, look!  We're friendly and welcoming! Come stay a while!  Get to know us!
Is it the warm?  Is the warm a snob?


Oh, I don't know.  I'd rather think the warm is just kinda shy, and it isn't so sure about us.  So we're gonna hafta show that warm that we're ready to be its friend.  The next time we see that warm, we've gotta be super-nice to it. 

Next time that warm comes a-callin', Friends, could you do me a favor?  Go to your window, look it right in the bright eyes, and say, "Hiya, Warm Weather!  It's nice to see ya!  Come on in and get comfortable!"  With a welcome like that, Friends, that nicey warm weather won't have any choice but to say "Okay, I will!"

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment