Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sing In the Spring!

Let's welcome Spring with a song, Friends!
Hiya, Friends!  I have a great idea.  How about we sing in the Springtime with a great song?  We don't hafta sing the same song, all of us, but we can all sing something, just to welcome the Spring! 

What do you say? 

Does that sound like a great idea to you?

We don't even hafta be all that great a singer.  Just give the Springtime a little something to let it know we're just so darned happy to see it.  It was quite a Winter.  Winter really put us through our paces this year, didn't it? 

It was a rhetorical question.  Of COURSE Winter put us through our paces!

But now it's finally Springtime, and it's time to think about all the things we love most about Springtime.

I'm gonna sing in the Key of Me.  You can pick your own key!
That's an easy enough order, I'd say, Friends, wouldn't you? 

I'll get us started out.

I love it when the pretty-singin' birds come back.  Bluejays are pretty to look at- there are few birds flashier- at least that I can see from my windows- but for Pete's Aches.  Those birds cannot sing.  They squawk like they're first-round American Idol contestants.

American Idol: is that even a thing anymore?  Who cares?

Umm... I love the forsythia bushes when they come out.  I love that flurry of greenie-gold goodness and I love that so many people have forsythias in their yards so I can see 'em when I'm out and about.

I love the apple blossoms that come out on the trees in my very own yard!  Oh, apple blossoms!  I just love 'em!  They make the trees look like CLOUDS! 

I love smellin' the first lawn-mowing of Spring- and every subsequent lawn-mowing, to be honest with ya, Friends.  There's just nothing like the smell of fresh-cut grass to make a person all happy to be alive!

HIYA, SPRING! GOOD TO SEE YA! STICK AROUND FOR A WHILE- LALALALALA!  SPRING!
There's just so much to sing about, now that it's Spring, Friends.  I really encourage you to sing with me.  Sing like nobody's listening!  Sing right the heck out loud!  Let's show Spring just how much we've missed it! 

I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  I love ya a lot!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment