Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Where's My Missing Hour?

I feel like something's missing, Friends!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's Monday all over again, isn't it?  And it's the Monday after a weekend that got shortened by a whole hour on accounta the Time Change.  Yes, I'm still talking about that.  Darned "Spring Ahead," anyway!

I realize that this all evens itself out when we set the clocks back the hour again to Standard Time in the fall.  And I realize that's too far away to think about right now.  We've got a lotta Springtime and Summertime, and even some Falltime to get through before we get back that hour we lost this weekend, so what I'd like is some other compensation for my missing hour.

No, not money.  That'd be ridiculous.  Giving me money for an hour that's just up and gone in the interest of Daylight Saving Time.  But I'm thinking something that'd ease the pain of missin' out on a whole hour of my weekend.

You know what, Friends?  You know what the biggest injustice of this whole "Spring Forward" thing is to me?  Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz were here this weekend, and I had to go home an hour early from seein' them on Saturday night, so we wouldn't all be tired on Sunday. 
A whole hour of my weekend's gone- just 'poof!' like that!

Tell me, Pals: when you're in Saturday night, do you really give a rip about bein' tired on Sunday?  I sure don't!  I say lemme stay in Saturday night for as long as I want, and I'll deal with bein' tired on Sunday... ON SUNDAY!  But I guess it wasn't all about me and makin' me miss out on an extra hour with Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz.  They had to drive yesterday, and I don't want them to be tired out on their drive.  I guess what I really want is to Spring Forward on a weekend when Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz aren't here. 

Oh, well.  What's done is done.  No sensa gripin' about it now.  I guess.

Gripin' about it isn't really makin' me feel any better about this arrangement. It isn't.  Is it makin' me feel any worse?  I'm not sure.  I don't know.  I think it's silly.  We know it's gonna get darker in the winter, and lighter in the spring.  Why do we hafta try manipulatin' the whole TIME to try to compensate with that?  Can't we just learn to live with it?  We can't control the seasons.  We can't really control time.  Don'tchya feel like pattin' us on the heads and sayin' "Silly humans!"

Silly humans!

I thinka Root Beer Float would make up for my lost weekend hour!
Back to my original thing, though.  I'd like something in return for my lost hour from the weekend, and I don't mean waitin' until the fall to turn the clocks back and get that hour back.  I want something right now.  And you know what I think would be just the ticket?  You know what I think would be just enough to ease the sting of losin' an hour of the weekend?

A Root Beer Float.  A nicey tall, foamy, sweet, delicious Root Beer Float, with a Crazy straw, and a long spoon.  And the bottle of root beer near by, so I could keep pourin' it on the ice cream as I sip it off.  That would help make up for losing that hour, and also it would help make up for the fact that today's Monday.

There, Friends.  Your pal Zoe has figured it out.  Go have a Root Beer Float today.  It'll make ya feel all kindsa better.  I love ya lots!  See ya tomorrow!  Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment