Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Last Day of Winter!

Get your flower crown out!  Spring starts tomorrow!
Hiya, Friends!  Zoe here!  Hey, didja know the First Day of Spring is tomorrow?  As you can see, I've prepared myself for the upcoming seasonal change by donning a crown made of flowers and green leaves.  Not real green leaves and flowers, but replicas.  We're still in the throes of Winter where I live, so no real greenness or flowerness yet, but things are lookin' up. 

So while I look forward to the first day of Spring tomorrow, I'd also like to pause for a moment and remember this Winter we're all about to complete, Friends.  It was a doozy, wasn't it?  It gave us our share of coldness, and ice, and snow, and wintry mixes. 

It was also the first winter I've ever been allowed to drink hot cocoa.  Hot cocoa is a special treat I'm so happy I've gotten to know and love.  If it weren't for Winter, I might never have been interested in drinkin' a hot beverage, but now I know all about it, so I can't resent Winter so much. 

This Winter marked the first time I've ever built a snowman, too.  I loved making the snowballs and having Daddy stack 'em up for me.  It was so exciting to see that snowman take shape, and it was neat to look out the window and say 'I built that!' for as long as the snowman lasted.

I still say there are few sights as pretty as a clear winter-blue sky with snow on the ground and ice glittering on the trees... So long as I don't hafta be ridin' around outside in that kinda weather.  Ice on the road scares me.

All in all, though, Friends, even in Winter, there were some beautiful things to see and some wonderful treats to be had.  I'm really glad I got to know the Winter of 2013-2014.

I'm really glad that tomorrow starts Spring 2014!  I'm so excited for all the new things to see, all the colorful flowers, and the return of the leaves.  But we'll talk about that another day. I don't wanna take away from Winter's Last Day, so join me in wavin' good-bye to it, Friends.  Let's all say good-bye to Winter and tell it we'll see it hopefully not before the Day After Thanksgiving 2014.  I mean, it must be tired from outdoing itself this year and all. 

Hey.  I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  I'll see ya in the Springtime!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment