Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2016

How Lucky You Are!

You're pretty darn lucky, Friends, even if it doesn't feel like it!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Thursday to you! 

Have I ever told you about one of my favorite books?  It's called Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?  

Dr. Seuss wrote it, and I love it.

It's all about realizing how lucky you are, by comparing yourself to people who are much, much less fortunate than you. 

Like the kid who has to mow his uncle's yard of fast-growing hay, for piffulous pay, and because he can't make ends meet on his tiny pay from mowing the yard of fast-growing hay, he has to paint flagpoles that are way up high.

Or the kid whose bedroom is in one peak of his house, and his bathroom is waaaaaaaay up in the toppa a far other side of his house!  Or the unfortunate lone sock left in an empty cave!

I'm sure the case could be made that this book is based completely on the concept of schadenfreude.  But hey.  Whatever works, right?

I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  You are a lucky person!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment