Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

To Tell the Tooth

If I could wiggle it, just a little bit...
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you!

Well, I may or may not have mentioned this to you, but I have a loose tooth.  It's my first one.  Down on the bottom.  The grown-up tooth is pushing up right the heck behind my loosie.  It's been like this for weeks.

Now, my Daddy's a dentist, as you know.  The night I told Mommy I had a loose tooth, she was joking around with me about tyin' my loose tooth to a door and slammin' the door.  She mentioned something about pliers.  Then Daddy, serious as anything, said he has the very tools to take care of something like this, right at his office, and all I'd hafta do is turn up over there, and he'd pop the tooth out in no time at all. 

I asked Mommy if SHE'D ever had a loose tooth taken out at the dentist, and she said no, but she DID pull out one of her baby teeth in the middle of church once, when she was five, and she put it in her ear for safe-keeping, so she had to go to Dr. Davis to get it taken out of her ear after church, since it really fell down in there, during the sermon. 

I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna listen to Mommy on dental advice, or advice on pretty much anything else, Big People.  She appears to have a lifelong history of impaired judgement. 

Daddy, on the other hand, says my loose tooth situation can be taken care of in the blink of an eye.  Thing of it is, my loose tooth doesn't really bother me.  I mean, it's a little sore when I bite into hard foods with it.  But it isn't painful.  I know it'll come out eventually.  And I feel like if I have Daddy take it out with his instruments, that's kinda like cheatin'.  I will have fast-tracked myself right through a universal experience all Little Kids share: losin' my first tooth, fair-n-square, by wigglin' that tooth incessantly with my tongue, and my hands, and with bubble gum. 

So that's my plan, Big People.  We'll see how it all goes, during the Major Eatin' Holiday tomorrow.  We'll just hafta see if my First Loose Tooth survives, or if the Tooth Fairy will hafta come to my house on a holiday.  Whatever.  I hear she'll be up anyways, because the Tooth Fairy likes to online shop Black Friday specials at the very stroka midnight.

Hey.  I'll see ya in the mornin', Friends!  I hope you already have your turkey thawed out, if ya went the frozen route!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment