Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Major Eatin' Holiday on the Horizon!

I am going to eat ALL THE DESSERTS!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Wednesday to you!

Say, did you even know that in just a few short weeks, it will be Thanksgiving?  Not only is Thanksgiving a Major Eatin' Holiday, it's pretty much the premier Major Eatin' Holiday!

Friends, when I was New, all I wanted was to sample some of that dang ol' pumpkin pie and whipped cream out of a squirt-can.  I just wanted a little taste of mashed potatoes, a wee nibble of turkey.  I wanted to hoover some of that cranberry jelly that retains the shape of its can.

And do you know what I got to "enjoy" on my first Thanksgiving?

Similac.  Whoop-de-doo! 

Big People, you're too old to remember the taste of Similac, but it is still fresh in my memory.  While Similac is soothing and not unpleasant, it just doesn't compare to the flavors, textures, flavors, deliciousness, and food-ness of Real Food. 

So, yeah.  I get a little EXCITED!!!! when Thanksgiving starts drawing nigh each year.  Getting to eat food on Thanksgiving is something I just cannot take for granted or be ho-hum about.  It's a Really Big Deal for me!

So you'll hafta forgive my random outbursts of Thanksgiventhusiasm that are bound to burst out of me over the next few weeks.  Thanksgiving is like my food equivalent of Disney World- I hafta have a plan.  I can't just unleash myself on that buffet table without a plan!

So let's get ready to talk about lotsa interesting, delicious things over this next little bit of time, Big People!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment