Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Very Special Day!

We can't get over it bein' Rozzie's Eleventh Birthday!
Friends, you might know today as Wednesday, but to me and my best pal Rozzie, it's ROZZIE'S ELEVENTH BIRTHDAY!!!

How the heck right about that?!

You know, since I wasn't around at the beginning of Rozzie's life, I'm not sure I can accurately speak on what she was like as a puppy.  But Rozzie's been here for my whole entire life, and I CAN tell ya all about what she's meant to me.

I met Rozzie for the first time the day I came home from the hospital.  I was a mere two days old.  And she was this giant black snout attached to an enormous white head, peeking up over the side of my baby carrier at me.  There was something comfortingly familiar about her presence and her voice.  I felt like I'd had a lifetime of hearing that voice already, and I was just beginning!

Right from the start, that Rozzie dog has always been lookin' out for me.  One day, a coupla weeks after I came home from the hospital, I was layin' in my baby-swing, tryin' to go to sleep, and Rozzie brought one of her favorite rainbow-colored flexafoam balls to me, and plopped it right in my lap.  I was too little to play ball, but not too little to appreciate that this wondrous being wanted to play ball with me!

Now, sometimes, Rozzie's vigilance hasn't been sucha blessing to me.  Rozzie usually falls on the side of Mommy when it comes down to a Mommy versus Zoe battle royale, but I guess that's just because Rozzie loves me.

Well, I love her, too.  A whole, great big globba bunches!

And today, my best pal Rozzie turns Eleven.  Happy Birthday, Rozzie!  I love ya so much! 

Friends, you'll understand if I go and celebrate with my pal Rozzie, right now, won't you?  We'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment