Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Takin' Charge and Livin' Large!

I grabbed this bull by the horns, and now we're friends!  His name is Ferdinand!
Hiya, Big People! 

Well, ya know, I'm the kind of kid who likes to take charge.  I don't like to sit around and wait for things to happen.

For instance, one time at the dang ol' Target, I saw the most beautiful pair of glass slippers in the shoe department.  I wanted those shoes.  You bet I did.  But do you think I sat around, waiting for Mommy to do anything about it?

No.  I marched right up to the Target employee in the red shirt who was re-stocking the shoe shelves and said to her, "Excuse me.  I would like to buy a pair of those glass slippers I see over there..."

Well, as it turns out, Mommy had already found my size glass slippers and put a pair of Size 10s in our cart, unbeknownst to me.  And those were the most fabulous shoes in my shoe tower for the longest time.  I've worn 'em for years now, even though my feet are now on the cusp of Size 13.  But I'm gonna hold on to those glass slippers as a reminder that I took charge that day!

(I bet ya thought I went on an excursion and forgot all about the point of my weblog post for today, didn't ya?!)

Friends, you gotta take charge.  Live large!  Don't wait for Fate!

I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment