Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

Zozie's Choice

I'm pretty surprised at my choice, myself, Friends.
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Monday! 

Well, ya know, over the weekend, I was required to make a difficult choice, and I'd like to tell ya all about it now.

Now, we got in the pickup truck on Saturday and went to Corning.  I really wanted to eat at Joe's Crab Shack, but they don't have sucha thing in Corning, so it was pretty much a no-brainer that I subbed in the dang ol' Red Lobster for my Out-N-About Meal.  Pea-Yes- I had a lobster tail of my very own!  Yum!

Anyways, after our Out-N-About Meal, we had to do some shoppin' for Daddy's office.  No worries.  The thing I really wanted to do, my fondest wish for my Day Out, was to visit The Mall.  You know how much I love The Mall, Friends.  All Malls.  But especially the Malls that include coin-operated rides somewhere in their floor-plan.  All the quality Malls do this, and the ones that do not at least have some type of modest double-decker merry-go-round for me to ride or something!

But as it turns out, Mommy brought along her little purse that does NOT contain a roll of quarters stacked in an M&Ms Minis tube, and Daddy had just cleaned all the change out of his coat pockets and his change corral in the truck.  Evidently, we were completely surrounded by no quarters.

So Daddy said he'd take me somewheres even better than the Mall, for bein' so good while we were shoppin' for the office.  And he pulled into Toys-R-Us.

"But I've already been here!" I said.

As it turns out, Mommy and Daddy were gonna let me pick out a new toy at Toys-R-Us.  I didn't want to.  I wanted to go to the Mall.  So they said I could pick.  I could either go to Toys-R-Us and pick out a new toy, or I could go to the Mall and walk around, but not pick out a new toy, and also not ride the coin-op rides, because of the aforementioned dearth of jangly monies in our possession.

Well, I still wanted to go to the Mall, and I'm glad I chose that way.  See, I already have a lotta toys, a point I made a point to point out to my parents.  And I know that coming up in the Very Near Future, I'll be puttin' away all my overly juvenile toys to make room for more Big Kid toys.  I know this.  I told Mommy and Daddy I just kinda wanna get that out of the way before I accumulate more new toys.

And they were VERY impressed by my maturity I demonstrated in this decision.  So impressed that they took me to the Hershey's Ice Cream Stand at the Mall and let me pick out ice cream.  I chose Black Raspberry, small cone.  Not even Child-sized Superhero Sundae.  I picked a grown-up ice cream flavor, in a grown-up size cone, and ate it just like a grown-up, while sitting near one of the Piercing Pagodas and pondering the possibility of having my ears pierced.

I have decided to postpone piercing my ears for an excursion to be announced at a later date.  No hurries.

So I was all up in the choosin' choices over the weekend, Friends, and I'm still very proud of all of the choices I made!  I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment