Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Keep Trying!

Anything new will feel awkward at first, but you gotta keep tryin', and you'll get better!
Hiya, Friends! 

Well, ya know, sometimes, I hafta learn new things.  Most of the time, I like to learn new things, because I'm good at learning new things, and I pick up on things fast.

Other times, though, the new thing is kinda awkward, and I don't get it right away.  That makes me very frusterated and angry!  I like to pride myself on bein' a quick study!

Thing of it is, when I step back away from myself for a little minute, I realize that learning the new thing is worth the struggle I incur in the pursuit of a new skill.  My life is FULL of evidence supporting this conclusion.

Well, for instance, I wasn't born knowing how to eat solid food!  I had to get used to it.  And lookin' back, at first, it was really weird for me to hafta sit up and eat off a spoon, insteadda gettin' to lounge around and drink from a bottle.  But once I got hooked into eatin' solid foods, I was off to the buffet and I haven't looked back!

I had a devil of a time, learnin' to walk.  Friends, I was the bee's knees at rolling over from back to front and front to back.  I could flip like a Mexican Jumping Bean Pancake!  I sure could.  And crawling?  Forget about it!  I mastered crawling and creeping, right out of the box.  But walking... that was a tricky one, and all I can say is that it was a good thing I still wore nice and fluffy diapers, to cushion my bottom, because I fell down a LOT!

Most recently, it's been learning how to use chopsticks.  I think it's a good skill to have, no matter what.  Using conventional chopsticks is still out of my range, but thanks to my training chopsticks, my learning process has been simplified. 

It's a process, Big People, and it's important even for you Big People to keep learning something new.  Remember that nobody expects you to be excellent at the new thing, right off the bat.  It all takes practice and patience!  Before you get all mad at yourself for not picking up on the new thing you've gotta learn, think about how you'd talk to your pal Zoe, if I were trying to learn the new thing.  So long as you aren't yellin' at me, try talking to yourself with that same patience.  You might find out that getting a handle on the new thing you hafta do isn't so hard, when you give yourself a break and respect the learning process.

So, Friends, be kind to yourself and KEEP TRYING the something new!  You'll get it all hammered out!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment