Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Boiling Point Day!

This is some hot stuff, Friends.  Some Hot.  Stuff.
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Sunday to you!

Well, as ya know, the date today so two-twelve, which is also the commonly-accepted average boiling point measured on the Fahrenheit side of the thermometer. 

If we used Celsius, the boiling point would be a hundred degrees, and while it would be easier for places under a boil-water advisory to remember, there is no corresponding date that matches up to 1-0-0, and therefore, we would be sitting here, completely surrounded by nothing to talk about today.

So I'm glad the You Essive Eigh hasn't gone Metric and we can sit here, palaverin' on the significance of Two-Twelve on the thermometer.

Anyways, back to Boiling Point Day.  It's really important to remember at which temperature water boils, especially if your town or municipality finds itself under an aforementioned boil water advisory for whatever reason.  Just figure on it bein' two-twelve. 

Recently, a town near me had to go on a boil water advisory, and people everywhere were confused as to just how many degrees boiling their water entailed.  This is important, because boiling water kills all the germy bugs in it, and makes it safe to drink and cook with.  While it varies, depending on how high up you are, and the atmospheric pressure, it's just good practice to shoot for two-twelve.  It's okay to go hotter, really.  But never, ever cooler.  That's what worried me about the nearby town and its inhabitants.  That was the day that I opted to eat nothing there but packaged foods and drink nothing but beverages that came sealed from somewheres else.

It really isn't that difficult, Big People.  Just think of maybe makin' some pasta or Jello on February Twelfth, two things that require some boiling water on the date that spells out Two Twelve, and it'll be easy to remember.  Or look at the Celsius side of your thermometer and wait until the Stoddard's Solvent inside hits the one-hundred degree mark. You'll notice that one-hundred is right across from Two-Twelve.  That's called cross-checking, and it could mean the difference between a nice, boring day and amoebic dysentery.  Just sayin'.

You might be wondering where I come up with all my informations of which I am a font.  Well, I read a lot.  For your information, today's informations come from my Little Big Brain Spiral-Bound Indestructible Board Book of Infinite Knowledge for the Up-And-Coming Brainiac.  It's a book that comes with its own set of wheels to go around on, for infinite knowledge at my fingertips, whenever I need it!

How about that?

I'll see ya tomorrow!  I hope ya paid attention today, though.  There might be a quiz later!  I'm not saying that there will be, but I'm also not saying that there won't be the possibility of a quiz, either.  Love ya lots, Friends!  Boil some water!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment