Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Eye in the Sky Wheel!

I'm surveyin' the region in climate-controlled comfort!
Hiya, Big People!  Well, ya know, it's Saturday, and on a recent Saturday, I found myself way up high in a Sky Wheel in Niagara Falls, Ontario!  It was quite an experience!

First off, I have never been that high up before in an amusement ride.  I'm pretty sure my hotel room on the brink of the falls was as high or close, but you don't feel as high-up when you're high-up in a hotel as you feel when you're high-up on a giant metal wheel!

Second of all, it's pretty thrilling, even though the ride itself just goes around and around in a giant vertical circle, very slowly.  It's a thrill because the wind was a' whippin' pretty good the day I rode on the Sky Wheel, so even though I was in my own observation pod, I could still hear the wind outside, the higher up we got.  I could still feel it rockin' the pod a little bit.  But it was fun, too!  I hafta gotta imagine that it would be extremely COLD!!! to ride a big wheel like that in the winter, if the cars weren't enclosed!

I got a view of Niagara Falls like no other.  I could see the tops of buildings on Clifton Hill and still be up close to 'em!  The Skylon Tower is up high, too, but it's far from everything.  At one point on the Sky Wheel, I'm pretty sure the giant Frankenstein Monster that's next door neighbors with Burger King looked me right in the eye as I was sweepin' up in the sky! 

The thing about bein' an eye in the Sky Wheel is that once ya get up so high like that, it really puts things in perspective.  When I was walkin' around Clifton Hill, it felt very bustling and big.  Up in the Sky Wheel, all the people bustling around on Clifton Hill looked like little ants in a peaceful parade.  Insteadda the sounds of traffic and noise from all the amusements wantin' to get you all hooked in, you hear the sound of the wind and the Sky Wheel music, which is much like elevator music, but you're on the Sky Wheel.  I realized how interconnected each individual really is, even if they don't know it.

Yep.  Bein' an eye in the Sky Wheel changed me for the better, Friends!  I love ya lots, and I'll take ya back to the Odditorium tomorrow, mmmkay?  Behave yourself, and exit through the Gift Shoppe!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment