Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

It's My Half-Birthday!

I'm glad my pal Rozzie's been lookin' out for me on my half-birthdays for years!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Thursday to you!

Well, ya know, today is my half-birthday.  Today, I am five and a half years old. 

It makes me remember my very first half-birthday.  On my very first half-birthday, I was six months old.  I was branching out into eatin' pureed foods.  It was a vast improvement over Similac all the time.

But.

The prize I had my half-year-old eyes on was a half-birthday cake, and here's where my half-birthday took A Turn.  You see, Mommy fed me some pureed carrots.  That, I distinctly remember.  When I asked Mommy about my half-birthday cake, she said I'd had my half-birthday cake.

Well, I'm sure I woulda REMEMBERED a half-birthday cake, and I didn't remember it, so I inquired further about this half-birthday treat.  Mommy said she made me a carrot cake for my half-birthday, and bein' my half-birthday, she gave me half the carrot half-birthday cake...

...The CARROT half of the half-birthday cake.

Kept the cake part of the carrot cake for herself.

As you can imagine, this did NOT set well with me, and as a result, because it didn't set well with me, it didn't set well with my best pal Rozzie, and did she ever give Mommy what-for!

I'm so happy I have such a great pal, on my half-birthday and EVERY day.  Fight the power of the Big People, Big People!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment