Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Art Is Life Is Art

Watercolors are my favorite two-dimensional artistic medium.
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday!

Well, ya know, I'm a kid that's interested in lotsa different things, and one of the different things I'm interested in is doin' art.

I guess if I had to figure out who influences me artistically, I'd hafta say Elmo.  Elmo makes art.  It says so in his song 'Elmo and I Know It."  Elmo's favorite medium is the crayon, though.  Mine is watercolor.

Don't get me wrong.  I love crayons, too.  They're portable, readily available, and bold-colored.  They're a fairly mess-free way to make art. 

Which is kinda why I really enjoy watercolors.  There's a messiness to watercolors.  There's a ritual to the artform.  You have to put down a drop-cloth on your table, then you get your paper, then you get a glassa water and your paints.  I love the ritual.  I love the way the colors can be bold and solid, or more watery. 

And yes, I like the potential for mess.  Makes 'em feel a little bit dangerous.  Like I'm rollin' the dice with every dip of my brush in the water.

I don't think I'm a great artist.  I'd never say that.  But I love doing what I do.  I love the process, and I get a little better at it, every time I try. 

Can't beat that!

Friends, I love ya lots.  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment