Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Captain of the Sunshine Brigade!

I've declared myself Captain of the Sunshine Brigade, Friends!
Hiya, Friends! 

Hey.  If you know me, you know I like to be useful as well as ornamental, and one way for me to be useful is to make people feel better when they're feelin' blue.  In fact, it's so important to me that I've decided this is my Thing I do right now, and I've created a job position for myself, based on this. 

I have decided that I am the Captain of the Sunshine Brigade, Big People.  Sure.  The Sunshine Brigade is made up of just me right now, but that's okay. 

If it's just me, I might just as well be the Captain, right? 

As for what I do, as the sole member and Captain of the Sunshine Brigade, well... I do my best to brighten the day of anyone who doesn't seem to be having a very good time of it presently.  I smile and say "Hiya!" when I see people.  Sometimes, I'll do funny things.  More times still, I'll do things that I didn't mean to be funny, but they are, so as long as somebody's laughing, I consider it a win. 

It doesn't really impinge on my life or my lifestyle to be the Sunshine Brigade, Friends.  The way I see it, I have two choices.  I can either be a sourpuss and make everybody around me feel bad, or I can be the Sunshine Brigade, and even if people make fun of me for bein' so happy all the time, at least I'm not walkin' away, making them feel like I left a stormcloud on over their heads.

I choose happy, Friends, and I wanna help everybody I meet feel a little bit better, too.

So.  I love ya lots, but the Sunshine Brigade has to ride out and be cheerful now!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment