Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Workin' on the Weekend!

Safety First!  Goggle Up, Friends!
Hiya, Friends!

Well, as you can see, I have my goggles on, and I aim to mean business at the Jobsite this Sensational Saturday!  

What I really wanted to do is run the steam-shovel, but apparently you hafta be "qualified" and "certified" to run one of those things. 

And ya hafta be "qualified" and "certified" in actually runnin' the steam-shovel.  You can't bring your Certificate of Qualification for runnin' the copy machine in the field office as proof that you're qualified to run the steam-shovel. 

I oughtta know, because I tried, and it didn't work.  It just didn't work. 

That's too bad, especially for me, because while runnin' the copy machine is kind of fun, that steam-shovel looks REALLY fun to run.  And I figure since I'm workin' on the weekend and all, maybe the Boss could give me a fun job to do.  Like runnin' the steam-shovel.

It just isn't to be, though, Big People.  They're not lettin' me run the dang ol' steam-shovel.  I'm on the Konica-Minolta copy machine in the Field Office. 

You know, they can forbid me from runnin' the steam-shovel, and they can make me run the copy-machine intead, but they can't make me not wear my toolbelt and goggles and hard-hat.  They say dress for the job ya want, and I wanna run that steam-shovel, so I'm gonna dress for it. 

Besides, I figure the goggles will keep me from getting a freak paper-cut in my eyes.

See?  There's a madness to my method and a method to my madness, Big People!  I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment