Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Cutting Remarks About My Knife-Skills!

I cut that dough rope three times now, and it's STILL too short!
Hiya, Big People! 

Well, ya know. There's a buncha stuff I'm just learnin' to do. 

Usin' a knife, albeit a pretend one, is just one of those things I'm new at doing, and I'll tell ya what.  There's a critic in every corner! 

Try as I might, I can't get my knife skills to please anyone, let alone everyone, and all the critics have their pet criticisms to throw my way.

I like to call 'em "Cutting Remarks."

First off, they complain because my cuts aren't even.  The next thing they complain about is that I don't seem to know a julienne from a matchstick.

The real kicker, though, was a row I got into with Donut Dude the other day, when he took umbrage with my cutting while I was helpin' him make his Braidy Bread for his Donut Shop.  I couldn't get my ropes of dough the right length, and I really tried.  I did!  Before I was taken off that project, I cut those dough ropes three times, and every time, they were STILL too short to suit Donut Dude.

Just goes to show, Friends, it's impossible to please people.  Straight-up impossible.  I'm not gonna let it bother me, though.  I'm gonna keep on practicing.  That's all I can do!

Hey.  I'll see ya tomorrow, mmmkay, Big People?!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment