Pages

Friday, May 5, 2017

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Have a Happy Fifth of May, Big People!
Hiya, Big People and Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Didja know that back when I was younger, I thought that this day was about ship called De Mayo that was sunken?  It's really funny to think about now, because I know there was never a ship called that.  I'm kinda glad, too, because I wouldn't want a ship like De Mayo to sink!  I bet it'd be magnificent, if there were sucha thing!

Now I understand that Cinco de Mayo means "Fifth of May," which is what today is, and it's a holiday that originated in Mexico, to commemorate the Battle of Puebla, in which the underdog Mexican army beat Napoleon the Third's army, which was pretty powerful in 1862!

It's a holiday celebrating a David beating a Goliath!

It's a good thing to know what the holiday we all like to celebrate is all about, Friends.  When you learn about all the different people in the world, the world doesn't seem like sucha big, unfriendly place!  That's really important to know, when you're a Little Kid like me, but also when you're a Big Person, too!  I know the world can seem big and scary when you're a Big Person, too!

I love ya lots, Big People!  Have a wonderful Cinco de Mayo.  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment